Re: [gnome-love] autoconf macro issues

Hi,

Don't know exactly what the problem is, but did you run "jhbuild rootstrap" to build all the necessary stuff for building gnome and "jhbuild sanitycheck" to see if you have all necessary packages installed.

Also this guide [1] might help you.

Jaap

[1] http://www.gnome.org/~newren/tutorials/developing-with-gnome/html/

Christian Kirbach wrote:
I've decided to enter the brave Gnome developer world and build from cvs by jhbuild.
I am running Debian Sarge (indeed, freshly released)

I have come across several autoconf macro issues, but I couldn't find out how to resolve
the last one while building gnome-vfs:

-----
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
***Error***: some autoconf macros required to build GNOME VFS
  were not found in your aclocal path, or some forbidden
  macros were found.  Perhaps you need to adjust your
  ACLOCAL_FLAGS?
-----

As of now I have installed everything autoconf related and also tried to configure with
some packages removed - to no avail.

I am kindly asking for -help- ...