[gnome-love] autoconf macro issues

I've decided to enter the brave Gnome developer world and build from cvs by jhbuild.
I am running Debian Sarge (indeed, freshly released)

I have come across several autoconf macro issues, but I couldn't find out how to resolve
the last one while building gnome-vfs:

-----
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
***Error***: some autoconf macros required to build GNOME VFS
  were not found in your aclocal path, or some forbidden
  macros were found.  Perhaps you need to adjust your
  ACLOCAL_FLAGS?
-----

As of now I have installed everything autoconf related and also tried to configure with
some packages removed - to no avail.

I am kindly asking for -help- ...

--
Christian Kirbach <Christian Kirbach student uni-siegen de>