Re: [gnome-love] Yet another colaboration

You _really_ should look into the new X server, and build a gnome
composting manager, which as an area that

Isn't there a gnome-compositing manager built into metacity? It isn't
very good yet, but perhaps a few more hackers working on that would be
of more value rather that making a competing compositing manager?

Sorry, I didn't realise we already had the beginnings of one - I assumed
that since X composting is still not hitting 'mainstream' that it wasn't
yet tackled.

Definitely, build upon that. I love the idea of building more of the WM
functions onto Cairo, but I think the Cairo API is still bobbing around.

Ed