Re: [gnome-love] GPOW (was Revitalising gnome-love ... some history)

What about proposing a GPOW (GNOME Project Of the Week) each week and
see if there are any takers?

This would me much more manageable then a todo list since it would not
get outdated. IIRC there are other projects which do this sort of thing,
and we could look there to see how to make it work better.

IMHO the key factors in making it work are:

* the GPOW would be concorded with the maintainer so that, if done
correctly, it would certainly go in.

* the GPOW would be chosen so that it would be of the right
size/difficulty (e.g. do not require a deep understanding of the whole
code of a module). Something like a sunday afternoon man work.

* the GPOW assignment would offer some initial guidance of how to get it
done, in particular something very important is to tell _where_ the code
to work on lives: it's often very frustrating reading thousands lines of
code just to find the file where the things are.

Another things that would probably be useful is a #gpow IRC channel
where developers of the module that is affected by the current GPOW can
offer some guidance. Obviously this last thing is possible only if the
developers have the time to do this kind of thing.

Just an idea...

ciao
        paolo