[gnome-love] Re: Revitalising gnome-love

I like the look of all this - a few quick questions here, since I'm thinking of getting involved:

How acceptable is it to use pygtk for a program which you might like to be promoted by GNOME or even included
in GNOME? How many bits of GNOME use it? Is it acceptable to combine it with libglade? My Python skills are
fairly good, and I like the API.

Ditto for gtkmm, although it would mean I'd have to learn C++.
What are the Java bindings like? Do enough people's machines _have_ Java support to make it practical? I
don't even know how fast Java tends to run on non M$/Apple systems.

I tried gtk+ and C with code generated by glade, and that started getting a bit long in the code for short in
the program, if you see what I mean. I might consider doing some stuff with C and libglade, if I don't find
it too tough going, since the amount of time I have to spare is pretty unpredictable (I'm a student...).

The really irritating problem is that I have little or no CVS access, since I am behind a school firewall
(AARRGGHH!!!). I might remedy this sooner or later, but for now I can't get access to CVS.

Despite this, I'd love to find somewhere to contribute. Any suggestions?

Regards,
--
Thomas Kirby

--