Re: [gnome-love] Revitalising gnome-love ... some history

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 03:32:58PM -0500, Aaron Walker wrote:
First of all, glad to help start up some activity ;)  I would love to
contribute to GNOME some how, but I have no clue where to start.  I
really would like to contribute some code, but I guess I will need to
teach myself GTK+, etc before I am knowledgeble enough to write anything
 useful.  I don't know that I really have any other special skills.  I
know a little C and that's about it as of now.  I guess for now, I will
be busy reading all the little tutorials and other docs that are
available on developer.gnome.org

That was (and still is, except i don't have time these days) my situation, too.
But some while ago i learned that it is generelly not that difficult to get some
minor problems fixed. There are a lot lowhanging fruits here i think. And (maybe
i had luck) i got all my patches(execpt those that where duplicates) commited in
a short time. It's been much easier than i tought.
If something (not too big) annoys you, just check bugzilla and file a bug. And
if it isn't resolved in the next few days (maybe it's intentionally) try to fix
it.

just my 2 cents (Euro btw).