RE: [gnome-love] Task manager for GNOME

From: Alan Horkan [mailto:horkana maths tcd ie]
What I am trying to get at is that someone who had used
windows for a long
time would expect something useful to happen when the type
telnet in the
Run Dialog.

I would expect them to look in the menus first.

Perhaps it is the job of each linux distribution to make sure that a
"graphical" telnet/ssh/ftp/ssh/scp client appears when the
user tries to
use them from within the graphical user interface and only use the
command line / ncurses interfaces if the user starts the
program from the
terminal window.
A way to make it easier for users to find what they are
looking for would
be a big improvement, now that Gnome is more mature and
feature filled.

I think you are talking about user documentation. e.g. they could search a
help index.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com