RE: [gnome-love] Task manager for GNOME

From: Alan Horkan [mailto:horkana maths tcd ie]
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:13:17 +0200
From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
To: news optimistic co uk
Cc: gnome-love gnome org
Subject: Re: [gnome-love] Task manager for GNOME

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 11:33, news optimistic co uk wrote: > Hi
everyone - it just occurred to me that I do not know of a feature in
or a project for GNOME like the Windows task manager. By the task
manager, I mean the thing that pops up when you press ctrl+alt+del
under Windows and click the 'task manager' button. It may be that
GNOME has this feature but I haven't found it yet, or there may
already be a project for it, but either way I would be interested to
know. > there is gnome-system-monitor

For the benefit of experienced Microsoft Windows users and help them
discover things more easily has the idea of putting links in the Run
Dialog for things like "taskman" been considered?  (Heresy, I know but
old habits are hard to break).

I have not yet got the hang of how best to guess gnome-program-name ;)

Do any of the more Microsoft targeted distributions do
anything like this?
I'll admit I have typed notepad more than once when I actually wanted
gedit (or something similar).  I typed ssh in the run dialog
to see what
would happen but it seemed to open then close a terminal window really
quickly.

Erm, this is why we have an applications menu.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com