Re: [gnome-love] Task manager for GNOME

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 10:33:01AM +0100, news optimistic co uk wrote:
Hi everyone - it just occurred to me that I do not know of a feature in or a
project for GNOME like the Windows task manager. By the task manager, I mean the
thing that pops up when you press ctrl+alt+del under Windows and click the 'task
manager' button. It may be that GNOME has this feature but I haven't found it
yet, or there may already be a project for it, but either way I would be
interested to know.

The application is called gnome-system-monitor. It in the gnome cvs as procman.
I'm sure you can find released on the gnome ftp mirrors, too.

Anyway - it would be cool if it had a place to manage your running
applications (and also to kill them), a place to manage and kill running
processes, and a place to monitor processor/memory/disk usage etc. If you don't
know what I'm on about, take a stiff drink and look at Windows 2000 or XP.

If anyone's interested please do drop me a line.
--
ThomasK

--
Personalised email by http://another.com