Re: [gnome-love] Task manager for GNOME

El mar, 08-07-2003 a las 11:33, news optimistic co uk escribió:
Hi everyone - it just occurred to me that I do not know of a feature in or a project for GNOME like the
Windows task manager. By the task manager, I mean the thing that pops up when you press ctrl+alt+del under
Windows and click the 'task manager' button. It may be that GNOME has this feature but I haven't found it
yet, or there may already be a project for it, but either way I would be interested to know.

Hi

If it doesn't exist, I might try it for my first GNOME project - although I can't get started for about a
month and a half because I am at home (not at college) and I will not have any Linux machines around until
I get a laptop (for my birthday you see).

Anyway - it would be cool if it had a place to manage your running applications (and also to kill them), a
place to manage and kill running processes, and a place to monitor processor/memory/disk usage etc. If you
don't know what I'm on about, take a stiff drink and look at Windows 2000 or XP.

That's called GNOME System Monitor and you have it inside the System
Tools menu.

Cheers.

If anyone's interested please do drop me a line.
--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)