Re: [Anjuta-devel] Re: [gnome-love] gnome-vim bonobo component

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 21:09, Andy Piper wrote:
Oh yes. I downloaded Anjuta, seeing if it had the potential to
eventually being used in our company as an IDE. Turns out that version
0.1.7 already seems to do just about everything you'd want such an
environment to do (makes me wonder what 1.0 is aiming for. World peace?
Antigravity?). The one and only thing missing is getting vim embedded -
the others are happy with the editor - scintilla, I think - but my
fingers stray to vi bindings too often for it to be practical for me.

See above - and you've not tried 0.1.8? It's excellent, you should have a look :-)
The way things have fallen is that 0.1.x is effectively "1.x".

yes, I must say that I installed anjuta 0.1.8 3 days ago, and have been
using it in replacement of emacs for those days, and I'm really
impressed. This looks more a 1.x version than a 0.1.x, really.

I'm looking forward to see anjuta2, which, from what I see in anjuta,
will rock.

Keep up the good work

cheers