Re: Certain font sizes can't be configured permanently

Am Samstag, den 12.09.2020, 13:18 +0200 schrieb Carl-Valentin Schmitt:
You have Ubuntu, right !?

Yes, Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.

Well it is a Bit risky.

:-(

Could Happen you have then to reconfigure gdm.

I never configured gdm. It works with the default settings. I also
don't get why I should reconfigure it. The display of the top bar and
of desktop icons clearly isn't the responsibility of the display
manager.

Get informed about how to adjust gdm as
booting main graphical Manager in Ubuntu Forum.

When Monitor ist really "crazy new" (=without driver)
Then you don't need to reinstall gnome and gdm with sudo apt-get.

I bought it in January.

I simply then would be patient and wait some months
for driver. You might ask at Ubuntu.

I don't think it is a driver issue. But I could be patient and wait
some months for the bug to be fixed.

Cheers,
Volker

Volker Wysk <post volker-wysk de> schrieb am Sa., 12. Sept. 2020,
12:42:
Am Freitag, den 11.09.2020, 18:00 +0200 schrieb Carl-Valentin
Schmitt:
How about
Install and Reinstall
all Gnome packages ?

sudo apt-get Install --reinstall gdm Gnome ?

Are you serious? I don't want to toast my system. Is this safe?

That "Gnome" in the apt-get command should be "gnome", shouldn't
it?

Regards,
Volker

Greetz. Val.

Volker Wysk <post volker-wysk de> schrieb am Fr., 11. Sept. 2020,
17:17:
Hi!

I have a 4k monitor, which means that all the font sizes must
be
adjusted. I'm leaving the font sizes in gnome-tweaks alone, and
am
setting a scaling factor of 1.6 instead. This worked fine until
about a
week ago.

But now, after I log in, the configured font sizes don't seem
to be
in
effect. The fonts of the top bar, and of the icons on the
desktop,
are
tiny again.

When I change the scaling factor, in gnome-tweaks, the fonts
are
back
to the configured size immediately. It's enough to increase it
by
0,01
and set it back to 1.6 again.

But the next time I log in, it's all back to tiny fonts again.

Is there any Gnome configuration magic, for how to set it
permanently?

Cheers,
Volker