Re: great job on Gnome 3

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:10:46AM -0400, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:
enaut wrote, On 03/20/2014 05:18 AM:

I'm also getting accustomed to bringing up the Activities view by
pressing the Super key with my left ring finger.  (Now I'm
starting to with I could use the Arrow keys in that view to choose
a window -- as in, "Look Ma, no mouse!"  :)

Usually its easier to just type the name of the app you want as in
"look ma no leaving the writing position!". Worst case is that you
have to type 3 letters then enter then a couple of times alt+`.

Nice ... and you don't even have to use the literal name of the app.
For example, icedove and iceweasel both start with "ice", but you
can start typing the word "mail" or "browse" and takes you to the
correct app.

I just did this:

Super + "bro" + Enter   (brought up my browser)
Super + "ma" + Enter    (brought up my mail)
Super + "t" + Enter     (brought up my terminals)

That's crazy cool.  Thanks!

Or use the extension windowNavigator[1].

/M

[1]: https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/10/windownavigator/

email: magnus therning org   jabber: magnus therning org

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.  Good programmers
write code that humans can understand.
     -- Martin Fowler