Re: Music app: crippled?

On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 17:44 +0000, Luis Matos wrote:
Seg, 2013-10-28 às 13:27 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams escreveu:
On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 17:21 +0000, Marco Scannadinari wrote:
On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 11:36 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 21:17 -0500, Andrew Ter-Grigoryan wrote:
Will the new Music app eventually gain Rhythmbox's radio, podcast, CD,
and Last.fm scrobbling features? Or is the goal just to keep it very
simple and pretty?
Or, ditto, all the features and speed of Banshee.  I'll probably just
keep using banshee for the forsee-able future.
And there is device and device-sync capability as well.
Come on guys - the project only started on the second half of last year.
But there are applications which currently solve this problem
excellently and have mature code-bases.  At least for me, nobody has
answered the question as to why this is a needed, or even a good idea.
Do we really need to create yet-another-another-another media player?
Well ... i think gnome is getting its (small) man power badly used.

If they are volunteers - they work on what they want to.  I get that
[being a volunteer developer as well].  I just do not understand the
urge to write-from-scatch when several solid bases exist.

I believe that it would be nicer to see *new* development in a calendar
(i think it is going on), email, rss, twitter application because it is
true that evolution, unfortunately sucks (or oficially drop it and adopt
thunderbird). RhythmBox does his job well at least.

No, Evolution has not sucked for some time now.  3.8.x is good, and
3.10.x is excellent.  3.4 & 3.6 where dodgy.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383