Re: Music app: crippled?

On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 17:21 +0000, Marco Scannadinari wrote:
On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 11:36 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 21:17 -0500, Andrew Ter-Grigoryan wrote:
Will the new Music app eventually gain Rhythmbox's radio, podcast, CD,
and Last.fm scrobbling features? Or is the goal just to keep it very
simple and pretty?
Or, ditto, all the features and speed of Banshee.  I'll probably just
keep using banshee for the forsee-able future.
And there is device and device-sync capability as well.
Come on guys - the project only started on the second half of last year.

But there are applications which currently solve this problem
excellently and have mature code-bases.  At least for me, nobody has
answered the question as to why this is a needed, or even a good idea.
Do we really need to create yet-another-another-another media player?

PS. At least its not written in C# (jk)

Sigh. If only we could fight the singular war for an Open desktop
environment, and not these silly internal turf wars.