Re: One very unhappy Linux user

On 28/11/11 16:11, Calum Benson wrote:
On 28 Nov 2011, at 10:43, AG wrote:

On 28/11/11 09:48, Olav Vitters wrote:
I'm a use Linux and GNOME and I'm perfectly happy with GNOME 3.
Well, good for you.  I use GNU/Linux and Gnome and am not happy with Gnome3 but *am* perfectly happy with Gnome2.  And your point is … ?
That your personal opinion is valid but still just a personal opinion, and that other people have different but equally valid personal opinions.

<snip>

So let's hear from 'em as well ;-)

Seriously tho' ... can there not be the option in general terms, for all major upgrades to be forked as sideways' developments, rather than as replacements?

I'm not against change per se. What I find distasteful is for these changes, decided outside of consultation with the user-base, are then imposed upon that same user-base while simultaneously denying that user-base the option which led them to be users in the first place.

This is not okay. This reduces choice and freedom - it doesn't expand or augment it!

AG