Re: [GNOME3] Gain vertical space

On 05/04/2011 12:55 PM, Magnus Therning wrote:
On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 11:53:07AM +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
Hi!

It's all css and easily changeable. There is a blog post here that
goes through some of the customization (which works without
installing any extension):
http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/03/customizing-the-gnome-3-shell.html

namely this part:

"As stated previously, the default GNOME Shell theme is Adwaita. You
can modify this theme by editing
/usr/share/themes/Adwaita/metacity-1/metacity-theme-3.xml. One of
the more interesting sections of this configuration file is:

You are suggesting to modify a system file, is there any way to do
this per-user instead?

/M

I am not suggesting to modify a system file, I'm quoting a small section out of a long blog post (and therefore out of context).

I am just pointing out where the info is available, sorry for not spoon feeding, but it's not my thing.

The proper way to do that would be to create a new theme based on the default one and use that new theme to make the changes. I think (though I do not know) that themes are per user.

Fred