Re: Name display in user menu

On 06/14/2011 03:25 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
On 2011-06-14 09:19, Frederic Muller wrote:
On 06/13/2011 11:45 PM, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
Why does it display my name? I know my name :~) Maybe this real
estate should be used in a more useful way. How can I configure
it to not display my name?

I have no idea. I suppose in case of multiple users using the same
box it is useful. I think it's been there for quite some times (and
it is something I used to remove).

How did you remove it? I can't find any way to remove it.

I meant in GNOME 2.x where the taskbar was a lot busier than in GNOME 3.x . I haven't removed it in the latest version of GNOME.

However if you remove it where would you put the drop down menu linked to it?

Fred