Re: Evolution configure problem

On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 10:49 +0000, Amondo Roquentin wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> >> Panel settings are stored in gconf. In the worst case you can probably
> >> kill your gconfd and then delete your (~/.gconf). Then you should get
> >> fresh panels.
> > Looking at that folder I also see what I 'think' are kde4 related items,
> > couldn't deleting this also mess up something on my kde setup?
>
> Most gnome apps store their settings in ~/.gconf so you will lose your
> settings for most of your GNOME apps if you do that. You should always
> back up before you try something like this. Alternatively you can use
> gconf-editor to edit the settings for the panel and try to restore them
> to defaults.
>
> Having said all this, the panels should not mess up in this way, so
> please file a bug report if you think its a problem with GNOME!

I got it working Amondo, thank you. Being new at using the Gnome WM I
wasn't sure what was what. I copied the .gconf folder to another dir and
deleted the old on. When checking what I'd had installed for Gnome I
noticed the the panel had become uninstalled. I re-installed it and all
was well again. I've some questions about Evolution however I've posted
that on the Evolution list since it seemed more appropriate there.

Thank you again for your help
Chris

--
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C