Evolution configure problem

I borked up my imap setup in evolution, I enter the wrong user and couldn't
log in, now I can't access the preferences. When I click on preferences
evolution locks up. Anyway I can correct this? I removed and installed
evolution and even renamed the .evolution folder. A new one was created
however I still can't make changes to my preferences since it locks up.
Wanted to try Gnome since KDE4 seems to be much slower than it used to be and
I'd heard that Gnome is faster.

Thanks for any advice
Chris

--