Re: Is it possible to launch an application when we press Ctrl + Alt +Del

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Daniel James <daniel netbreeze com au> wrote:

> You should only edit gconf files under very specific conditions, please
> don't edit them, use the tools instead. Two tools you can use are
> gconftool and gconf-editor.
>
> Now.. to disable the 'alt-control-delete' effect - edit your keyboard
> shortcuts and disable 'log out' under 'desktop'. The keyboards shortcuts
> dialog is in system/preferences. You can also open this dialog by
> running gnome-keybinding-properties.
>
> Just click on the 'log out' entry and hit <backspace>. Once you disable
> the shortcut it will take effect immediately.

On what version of gnome is this the case?  I've been running CentOS
since last March (2007) with the gnome desktop, and I've never been
able to get the logout shortcut to work at all.  Currently running
CentOS 5.1 with Gnome 2.16.0.

mhr