Re: Is it possible to launch an application when we press Ctrl + Alt +Del

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 07:17 +0530, Renju Anand wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Is it possible to execute an application when we press Ctrl + Alt
> +Del. Right now, when we press Ctrl + Alt +Del
> i'm getting the Shutdown + Logout + LockScreen + Restart  Dialog. How
> do we disable this permanently. which gconf file i should edit for
> this..

You should only edit gconf files under very specific conditions, please
don't edit them, use the tools instead. Two tools you can use are
gconftool and gconf-editor.

Now.. to disable the 'alt-control-delete' effect - edit your keyboard
shortcuts and disable 'log out' under 'desktop'. The keyboards shortcuts
dialog is in system/preferences. You can also open this dialog by
running gnome-keybinding-properties.

Just click on the 'log out' entry and hit <backspace>. Once you disable
the shortcut it will take effect immediately.

Regards,

Daniel