Re: Desktop suddenly covered in icons for everything in my home folder

ritz wrote:
Hello

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 15:43 +1100, Graeme Nichols wrote:
Daniel James wrote:

Hello Daniel,

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 12:39 +1100, Graeme Nichols wrote:
Hello,

Suddenly my desktop became covered in icons for everything in my home folder.

My problem is how to set it back to what is in my Desktop folder.
Open a terminal and type this:

gconftool-2 --set
--type=bool /apps/nautilus/preferences/desktop_is_home_dir false

make sure that is all written on one line..

Regards,

Daniel
I did as you said but it has made no difference to my desktop even after
logging out and back in. Still covered in all the rubbish from my home
directory. I need to set the desktop to show the shortcuts that are in
my ~/Desktop directory. On F7 there was a utility, under preferences if
I remember correctly, that I could run to set this but I cannot find
anything on my F8 install.
bloody odd. any messages logged to ~/.xsession-errors ?

Hello Ritz,

There are a couple of errors there but nothing to do with this problem I'm afraid.

Thanks

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.