Desktop suddenly covered in icons for everything in my home folder

Hello,

Suddenly my desktop became covered in icons for everything in my home folder.

My problem is how to set it back to what is in my Desktop folder.

Can someone please point me in the right direction. I have checked everywhere I know and cannot find where to do it. IIRC I have to point to the desktop folder somehow.

Thanks.
--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.
Registered Linux User 381781 (http://counter.li.org/)
-  Time is an illusion perpetrated by the manufacturers of space.    -
-