Re: Gnome problem after upgrading from FC6 to FC7

Hello

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 16:47 +1000, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I have a gnome problem after upgrading from FC6 to FC7. I think it is
> something to do with the gnome panel.

Login to desktop using "failsafe session from login screen. This should
bring up a terminal window on screen.

Run gnome as shown below from terminal shown on screen, and provide any
message printed

  /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session 2>&1 | tee log

> Booting to a GUI all goes well to the login screen. After logging in all
> goes to the point where the panel is loading. It reaches to
> approximately the middle of the screen and up pop what appears to be a
> dialog box (error? info?. I don't know as it is blank). It all hangs at

Check of ~/.xsession-errors file for information.

--
Ritesh Khadgaray
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ