Re: adding gnome-terminal profiles automatically

Hello

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 15:59 +0100, Hamish wrote:
> Hello
> I would like to add some profiles to gnome-terminal from old kde konsole
> desktop files. Each profile will be exactly the same as the default
> profile, apart from using a different custom command instead of the
> default shell (eg ssh joe bloggs com). I have hunted for how to do this
> using gconftool-2, but have only found how to change existing profiles,
> not *add new ones*.

Create a clone of Default profile

 $ gconftool-2 --dump /apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default >
default.xml

 $ sed -i `s/\/Default\//\/new_profile\//g' default.xml

 $ gconftool-2 --load default.xml

 $ gconftool-2  --type key_type --set /key/path/for/new_profile
key_value