Re: Gnome problem after upgrading from FC6 to FC7

Hello Ritesh,

On 03/09/07, Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com> wrote:
Hello

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 16:47 +1000, Graeme Nichols wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I have a gnome problem after upgrading from FC6 to FC7. I think it is
> something to do with the gnome panel.

Login to desktop using "failsafe session from login screen. This should
bring up a terminal window on screen.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'failsafe' session so I logged in to a terminal  (type 3) from boot and
executed the command below.

The output to log was as follows:

(gnome-session:2995): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Run gnome as shown below from terminal shown on screen, and provide any
message printed

  /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session 2>&1 | tee log

> Booting to a GUI all goes well to the login screen. After logging in all
> goes to the point where the panel is loading. It reaches to
> approximately the middle of the screen and up pop what appears to be a
> dialog box (error? info?. I don't know as it is blank). It all hangs at

Check of ~/.xsession-errors file for information.

I checked that and it had heaps of errors but didn't mean much to me.

I can do it again and attach the contents for you if that will help.

<snip>

--
Kind Regards,

Graeme.