Re: Keyboard shortcuts disappearing

On 10/26/07, ritz <khadgaray gmail com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 00:28 -0700, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> > Now I am completely mystified - all the shortcuts are working again
> > (except the logoff, of course).
> >
> > I didn't change a thing since my last login, and I have no idea what
> > happened.
> was any package (un)installed on system ?

No changes to the system at all.  I was just working and thought I'd try the lock-screen shortcut again, and voila!

I suspect this is another permissions issue, but I checked my bash history, and I haven't changed any system file ownerships or permissions, and the only permissions or ownerships I changed in the right time frame have been in directories at least one level down from my home dir.  Still, why the gnome settings daemon shortcuts should fail when the metacity ones were all working still baffles me, but I don't know enough about gnome in general and the gnome settings daemon in particular yet, either.  (No help from help, man or info, either....)

Thanks.

mhr