Printing

Hi,
	Using Ubuntu Feisty Fawn I can print from Open Office word to my Epson
Stylus colour 660.  I am not able to print a doc.ps from Evince.  I have
an AMD64 set up with cups, foomatic and gutenprint.  It was far from
clear what I should have installed but that's what I ended up with.
Even printing this e-mail caused the printer to give a whirring sound
and that was it.  The print queue is empty.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated?

		Regards Ian.