Re: alt-f2 problem

On 11/5/07, Karsten Bräckelmann <guenther rudersport de> wrote:

> May I ask why you are building 2.18, now that 2.20 is out?

because 2.18 was built when it comes out
and the built takes quite a long time to finish,
and i didn't use it after built it because something wrong with xorg,
and i have to use it now because my old 2.14 doesn't work any more.

and i dont know if 2.20 will consume more cpu on my old computer.

and more important, maybe i should not say here:
I think it would save time if 2.20 can use something from 2.18 or even 2.12,
so I dont have to compile everthing to upgrade from 2.18 to 2.20,
I dont know if itis possible.

> This dialog pretty much didn't change in ages.
>

> > > strange, using garnome ?
> > built from 2.18.0 sources, with some packages removed
>
> FWIW, works as expected in GARNOME.

I'm not using Garnome,  build from sources with help from Garnome package.