Re: What does this warning mean?

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 10:41 -0700, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:

> Not sure what you're asking for here, exactly.  The problem occurs
> most frequently when I run Acrobat Reader (I have version 7.0.8, which
> is, I believe, the latest version for Linux) and Open Office 2.3.0.  I
> don't remember if it happened when I was running OO 2.0 (the official
> release for CentOS 5.0).  I'm running Gnome 2.16.2 (according to
> nautilus).

IIRC that happens when the apps are built against a different version of
gtk from that which you have installed, and are thus looking in the
wrong folder for their theme engine
(probably /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/<some-old-version>/engines).

Not sure if you can set the gtk module path in an environment variable
these days; if not, your best bet might be to figure out which path the
apps are looking in for the engine (e.g. using strace), create that
folder yourself and copy your current bluecurve engine .so file into it.

Cheeri,
Calum.