Re: gnome-dictionary -- adding a second language (Canadian French) ??

Thanks for the quick reply Kent;

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 12:08 -0400, Kent Eschenberg wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > I am a Canadian anglophone who works *almost* always in English, but
> > would like to add a French database to gnome-dictionary.
>
> You might try contacting someone at a local university French
> department, and the translation department at local companies and large
> government installations. I know a professional translator at a large
> NASA facility and they knew about every German-English and
> Russian-English dictionary on the planet.
>
> Kent

I do actually have suggested references from the Canadian and Quebec
government.  I was looking for advice on how to add them.  They, in
fact, may not be appropriate for gnome-dictionary, so I was leaving the
question of which database to use open until I better understood how to
add dictionaries to gnome-dictionary.

At present I google or go to those governmental Internet sites, but I
wanted to do something faster and neater like I can with
gnome-dictionary when using English.

--
Regards Bill