gnome-dictionary -- adding a second language (Canadian French) ??

Hi;

I am a Canadian anglophone who works *almost* always in English, but
would like to add a French database to gnome-dictionary.

Therefore, I am looking for suggestions for the best single online
French (Canada) Dictionary.  I have googled and there are hundreds
available -- but some of them have multi-level links to finally get to a
word and I am not
sure which ones would be appropriate for my use or which ones are for
professional use.

I want to add just one french dictionary to my gnome-dictionary applet.
I want something fast.
Basic language will do.
I want French definitions; French/English would be nice but not
necessary.
Spelling suggestions would be nice as well, but not necessary.

Help --> preferences is not all that clear on how to add such a
dictionary.  I suppose that will become clearer once I have found a
dictionary to add.

I wish there was a way to shift the gnome-dictionary once a new
dictionary is installed from one language to the next with a shortcut
button or key and not have to go through Edit --> Preferences.

Surely, people who work in French all the time have a preferred online
free
reference?

All suggestions gratefully received.

--