Re: Gnome-2.16.0 Build Order

An update on the build list. Tomboy was left out and so was liboobs. system-tools-backends was listed twice. I'll assume version 1 and 2 were meant to be installed because gnome-system-tools wants version 2...

bug-buudy needs gdb as a runtime dep as well.

not sure if we still need gnome-mag because of orca but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I think guile was left out too. gnome-games wants it and guile wants gmp.

I believe PAM is required for newer dbus/hal combinations as well so I stuck with 0.62/0.5.7.. That means no liboobs/gnome-system tools. I hope the gnome devs are thinking of things like this. I'm one of the many PAM haters so QUIT WITH THE PAM DEPS!!!! :-)

Other than that, I like the new release. Pretty slick. Keep it up... All the good old features are back over the last 2 releases and that's great. Now we just need nautilus-open-terminal integrated with nautilus and a "shut-down" back in the menu. Some of us hate login managers even more than pam.... :-)