Re: Gnome-2.16.0 Build Order

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 09:10 -0400, Jon wrote:
> Hello. First, thanks for the recent Gnome release. I'm very excited
> about it but I noticed that there isn't a reference build order posted
> on the gnome site like there was for 2.14 and previous versions... Is
> this intentional or is it still to come?

The preferred way to build gnome is to use either GARNOME
<http://www.gnome.org/projects/garnome/> or jhbuild
<http://www.jamesh.id.au/software/jhbuild/>.

There is quite a lot of information on how to do that, also. For
example, (some of) the known issues you'll encounter are explained in
<http://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild> and the pages linked to from there.

You can always go to #gnome-love or #gnome on GimpNet and sak question,
too, of course ;-)

HTH,

-- m