Re: Anti-aliased fonts

Tomasz Lorek <tlorek <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Ok, but those rules work fine for me and I have <8 and >15 fonts
> antialiased properly. But fonts >=8 and <=15 are ugly-rendered and are
> not similar to those from M$ even if I use Tahoma or Verdana.
>
> You think I can make it via fonts.conf anyway?

Brobably yes. (=

It depends on, for example, the application you are running (i know nothing
about KDE, for sure old X programs don't use fontconfig) or the actual
configuration  (X and at applications level, like Firefox and OpenOffice),
device (LCD, CRT) and algorithm used (you know, the font hinting patent).

Not that i'm bothered with all the subtle details described above, the only
thing i've done was to create a fonts.conf in my home dir, cause the Gnome fonts
capplet expose a reasonable amount of options but not so fine grained, and i'm
satisfied with the result, fonts appeareance is consistent, or i think so, on my
system.

As it's said, YMMV...

Andrea