Re: Anti-aliased fonts

2006/9/11, Andrea Vettorello <andrea vettorello gmail com>:
Yes, configuring fontconfig directly (should be the default on recent/modern
distributions) instead of using the Gnome fonts capplet. You put a ~/.fonts.conf
in your home dir (or you can create a global one, probably in
/etc/fonts/local.conf, check your distribution) with a rule to enable AA only
for some point size.

Ok, but those rules work fine for me and I have <8 and >15 fonts
antialiased properly. But fonts >=8 and <=15 are ugly-rendered and are
not similar to those from M$ even if I use Tahoma or Verdana.

You think I can make it via fonts.conf anyway?

Best regards,
teel