Re: gnome-default-applications-properties

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 12:14 -0400, Ron Salyers wrote:
> If I run gnome-default-applications-properties and set my preference for
> mail to be Thunderbird the file
> /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/%gconf.xml  has the command to fire
> up Evolution.  If I run Thunderbird then this file will change to fire
> up Thunderbird.  There are no other references to Thunderbird or
> Evolution in those two directories.

hey. not sure about thunderbird command strings, set as required . "%s"
is email-id string. use gconftool-2 to handle these settings.

gconftool-2 --type string
--set /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command thunderbird --mailto=%s

gconftool-2 --type bool
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/enabled true

I assume this again w.r.t. RHEL4. Check gnome admin guide at
http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/2.6/ using gconf section