Multimedia keys

Hello list,

I don't know if it's X.org or Gnome-related, so I post it here.
On my keyboard I have several multimedia keys, like browser, volume
up/down, mute and such. When I set them up using
gnome-keybinding-properties, that app says it's OK, the key 0xb2 will
start the default web browser. As I set it again and again, the keycode
is the same. But after it is set, I exit the keybindings app, press that
key, and nothing happens. What could cause this?

Gergely