Re: Make GNOME aware of custom URI Scheme

Shaun McCance <shaunm <at> gnome.org> writes:
> > How do I set up GNOME to recognize a proprietary scheme? I searched
> > through the GNOME archives and found a number of tangential references
> > to this - some getting pretty wacky - but no recipe.
>
> I don't understand.  Are you sending the idoc URIs to
> gnome-help (i.e. yelp)?  It seems that you have managed
> to introduce the URI scheme to GNOME in general, as the
> program you've specified is being called for those URIs.
>
> The program you're sending the URIs to simply doesn't
> understand those URIs.  How are you expecting that to
> work?

I'm looking for a way register a new URI Scheme via config file
like adding a new appl or menu.  I saw C API references to,
for instance, supported_uri_schemes in VFS and Mimetype Handling,
but no config file support.  There are a number of references to
scrollkeeper for doing something similiar.

Is the list of recognized URI Schemes hardcoded into yelp, or the GNOME
libraries?  I'm just looking for a way for yelp to say, "Yes, I recognize
this as a valid URI scheme."

Dave