Re: Gnome doesn't close parent folders.

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 12:14 +1000, Daniel James wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 19:01 -0500, Jack Dodds wrote:
> *** snip ***
> > Anyway, I'd like to go back to having the parent directory go away when
> > I open a subdirectory.  I can't find an option that allows this.
> >
> > Is there one?
> Try using the middle mouse button to open the new folders (double middle
> click).
> If that is not what you want, try downloading gtweakui
> ( I think it is in the debian repos.
> gtweakui-nautilus will allow you to select 'always use browser' mode.
> Regards,
> Daniel
Or you can modify the gconf
key /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser yourself. This can be
accomplished either by opening "gconf-editor" and navigating to the
proper key or typing on the terminal:

$ gconftool-2 --type boolean
--set /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser true

(all one line)