Re: Permanently removing all desktop icons under gnome 2.0

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 09:20:33PM +0700, Darryl Rees wrote:
> Dear Gnome User,
>
> Are you talking about the right-click menu (or am I missing
> something...)? Most of the functions under that are useless if you don't
> have a desktop (new folder, new launcher, cleanup icons by name, change
> desktop background, cut&paste). About the only functionality that seems
> remotely useful to you is start a nautilus or terminal window... and of
> course these are obscured if you have a window maximized.
>
> Alt-F1 will pop up the startup menu and works anywhere, nomatter what
> window-manager.
>
> Cheers,
> Long.

Well, Alt-F1 is fine for me.  Now that I think about it, you're
right that most of the other desktop accessible menu-based functions
are not all that useful to me.

So I guess that the sawfish route is more or less acceptable to me.

--
 Gnome User
 gnome yadda-yadda-yadda org