Re: Permanently removing all desktop icons under gnome 2.0

Dear Gnome User,

Are you talking about the right-click menu (or am I missing something...)? Most of the functions under that are useless if you don't have a desktop (new folder, new launcher, cleanup icons by name, change desktop background, cut&paste). About the only functionality that seems remotely useful to you is start a nautilus or terminal window... and of course these are obscured if you have a window maximized.

Alt-F1 will pop up the startup menu and works anywhere, nomatter what window-manager.

Cheers,
Long.