Re: How to port applets to GNOME2 (again)

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 21:03, Ole Laursen wrote:
> John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net> writes:
> People contribute because it is fun. Writing documentation for your
> own library is much easier and much more fun (yes, writing reference
> documentation _is_ fun) than writing documentation for someone else's
> library.

I always enjoy writing the javadoc documentation for any java code I
write.

I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but is there anything similar in
purpose & function to javadoc for c/c++ code, that could generate good
GNOME documentation? I know that still requires coders to write
documentation, but then it could be written inline with the code.. and
perhaps be less troublesome to do.

If there isn't, it doesn't sound to me to be something terribly hard to
do.. I'm sure people could be found to produce it (heck, even I'd be
interested to help out) if they were sure it would be used.. which just
needs the GNOME leadership requiring such documentation added to all new
code in order to be eligible for inclusion with GNOME, etc.

--
                Azrael

Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave
of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it
would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

ICQ#52944566
Registered Linux User: 269002