How to port applets to GNOME2 (again)

We still haven't been able to switch to GNOME2 in my office, and the main reason is that we have some custom applets that need to work with the new API. What is the best way to go about porting applets? And why isn't there any documentation on GNOME2 applet development? (Or is there? I can't find it anywhere...)

--
Toralf Lund <toralf procaptura com> +47 66 85 51 22
ProCaptura AS                       +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)