Re: Why ALWAYS need to log in twice for gdm to let me thru?

> Due to GNOME's rather poor behavior when it comes to upgrading some
> packages (not sure which), I've had to wipe and reconfigure their
> .gnome/ bits relatively frequently, and it made no difference either.
> It's been a while so I may make an attempt.  However, I think I remember
> doing this a while back to try to solve this exact issue, to no avail.

You raise and interesting point.  I've had (and fixed) this problem at
least a half dozen times over the past two or so years.  A common
pattern is that it occurs right after an upgrade...including after and
up2date upgrade.

Perhaps this suggests that certain rpm based upgrades do not ensure that
the integrity of pre-existing /tmp files?

--
John P. Verel
Living Proof That Low Tech Beats High Tech!