RE: Why ALWAYS need to log in twice for gdm to let me thru?

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 06:55, jverel optonline net wrote:
> First, from a console log (not X) delete /tmp/orbit-user.  Then login to X.
> You may get one more instance of the "twice login" indident, but it
> should be fixed after the first such time.
I did this on my parent's machine, it didn't help.

> If this fails, do the above and also do mv ~/.gnome/ ~/.gnome_bak, then
> login again.
Due to GNOME's rather poor behavior when it comes to upgrading some
packages (not sure which), I've had to wipe and reconfigure their
.gnome/ bits relatively frequently, and it made no difference either.
It's been a while so I may make an attempt.  However, I think I remember
doing this a while back to try to solve this exact issue, to no avail.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega temple-baptist com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_