Re: panel autohide

The most inherit problem with this (beyond my personal disklike) is that
it would break consistency with all non-gnome apps, since most all
existing unix apps have "Windows" like behavior. Since this feature
would be completely incompatible with existing unix programs (gtk 1.2,
motif, qt), in my book it's a bad feature to even consider. This would
not be something minor like changing button ordering to those used by
macOS. It would be a complete paradigm switch.

dave