Re: Why ALWAYS need to log in twice for gdm to let me thru?

> I had the exact same problem (only with RH 7.2) on my machine at
> school.  Myself and another student had a problem where we would start
> getting the "failed to connect to :0.0" error after we had already
> logged in - no new programs could be run in X, but alreadry running
> programs kept working fine.  Strangely, we're the only two to have
> thatproblem, and the class room has nothing but the exact same
> computers,with the exact same installs of RH 7.2.

Able to reproduce this *every* time I reboot my Red Hat Linux 7.1 box.
I was startled initially when this problem occured.

> Perhaps upgrading all the latest RH packages would help you out there?

This problem persists, although I have the latest packages built from
the CVS

Can anyone please suggest a solution for this ?

-Anand