Re: Will Gnome _EVER_ be stable?

stan <stanb awod com> writes:
> BTW, for those of you who mailed asying "Why Gnome never crashes for me"
> I'ts crashed 3 times tonite. All occur when loging out, and there is a error
> popup thta pops up fo a fraction of a secons each time/ One of it's choices
> "wait for applet", and I maanged to actually get it clicked within that
> fraction of a second. Didn't help, when I loged back in all traces of panels
> were gone :-(
>
> Sorrym but this is the exact same behavior that cused me to decide that Gnome
> was not ready for real users about 3 years ago.

Sounds like you have a bug in one applet.

> Any sugestiosn as to how to get enough informatioon to submit a _useful_ bug
> report on this?

 - what applets do you have on your panel
 - what version of gnome-core and gnome-applets
 - does ~/.xsession-errors contain any output
 - if you use session-properties to remove the panel from
   the session manually, perhaps you can get the panel
   to crash without having to log out, in order to
   read the dialog.

Havoc